Saturday, April 25, 2009

The End

Today is my last day in London. I'm down to just a few more hours now that will be used to pack, sleep, clean like crazy and soak up all that's left of London. I am very sad to leave. I will continue to update the blog throughout the summer, so please don't stop reading. 

I said goodbye to MSN on Thursday, which was very bittersweet. MSN was a great experience, and one that I am very sad to say goodbye to, especially all the people that work there. Hopefully we'll all keep in touch. I did get like 3 clips on Thursday on the site, so it was a busy last day and I left with a bang. Missouri will not compare to MSN. I guess this makes me a senior in college now, which is even more difficult to believe.

Friday was a free day that we were very excited about. We went to Dino's, an Italian restaurant I have come to adore for its charm, decent food and terrible service, for a traditional English breakfast, despite the fact that it's an Italian restaurant. Maddy, Lauren and I then headed to Regents Park where we strolled, rode on a paddle boat and laid out, enjoying the beautiful Spring day in London.

Most of the afternoon and evening was spent packing and cleaning, which is going pretty well, but seems stressful. 

Today, we decided to spend the Saturday at Portobello Market, one of my favourite places in London. I will miss it. We had another traditional English breakfast (the best meal of my life) and walked around the too-crowded streets. I will miss Notting Hill with its cute houses and uniqueness that cannot match anything in America. 

My Dad says my blogs keep getting more and more nostalgic and I apologise for that, but I simply cannot help it. At this point, I've accepted the fact that I am headed back to America, but am still sad to leave. It will also be a very different America than the one I left four months ago--new President, new atmosphere, newfound pride. At least that's what it seems like from afar. I have yet to be on President Obama's territory, so that will be a welcoming feeling to me. 

Tonight we will celebrate our time in London at a traditional pub in my favourite place in London--Covent Garden. We will drink pints, eat fish and chips and laugh about all the good times we have had. Then we will clean more and pack more and sleep before we have to awake very early to go the airport and take the 9-hour flight home. 

I will post a blog once I get back to Chicago, and I'm pretty sure I will continue this blog a bit throughout the summer, as I have enjoyed writing to my very small audience. Hope everyone else has a good weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment