Thursday, April 2, 2009

Day in the City

During an information session at MSN on blogging and the media, I learned that posting less more often is better than posting more less often. Therefore, I’m going to try and take my boss's advice by posting today.

This morning, our weekly British Life and Culture field trip was to the Victoria and Albert Museum, which I briefly visited on Sunday with my parents. We had a tour guide guiding us through it, so we got more of the history to many of the pieces but the museum wasn’t especially of interest to me. Maybe if it hadn’t been so early I would have liked it better. The history behind the museum involving the relationship between Queen Victoria and Prince Albert, who dedicated much of his time to building much of the museums and universities in South Kensington, is very interesting. So that was the morning.

With a free afternoon and evening, I decided to go to TKTS in Leicester Square and buy theatre tickets to see La Cage Aux Folles that evening. After that, a few friends and I went to this touristy Mexican restaurant for lunch. It was pretty good. Always nice to get some American food in with all the fish and chips and pints.

Because my parents said I had to go to Hamley’s, this huge toy store near Piccadilly Circus, I went this afternoon. It was huge and deserved all the hype. It may have been more fun, or more hectic, if we had gone on a weekend with millions of children, so it was a bit mellow today, which was nice.

With the day almost over, I did a few errands and headed back to the flat before my eventful evening out. I went to see La Cage Aux Folles, a show that had been on the top of my list since I arrived in London. It was very good. It was funny but still had a very plot with good music and fun dances. It was a little weird to go alone, but I really enjoyed it. Besides that its been just another workweek. I’m going on a day trip to Brighton, a beachside town about an hour away, on Saturday, so that should be very fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment